Top tips for selling your home
With our years of experience in the property market we have learned some useful tips along the way that we would like to share with you. When selling your house we recommend:
- Always present the property in a clean and tidy manner for viewings
- Ensure any required cosmetic works (e.g. old leaks that need re-painting) are completed prior to the property being put on the market
- Please let us know if you have children that can’t be disturbed, so that we can ensure viewing are arranged around those times
- Ensure all bulbs and lights are in working order, as light, airy rooms are more appealing to buyers
When selling your home with us we will ask you to provide the following information and documents, this is so we can comply with UK money laundering regulations:
- Signed Terms of Business Property Information sheet
- Certified Copy of photographic ID
- Copy of utility bill / bank statement/ proof of address.
You will also need a solicitor in place to deal with the sale. From experience, we advise that you use a solicitor based in London as it can make the process easier for you when dealing with London property. If you would like us to recommend some excellent solicitors that we have worked with in the past please contact us.
To speed things up, when you put your property on the market ask your solicitor for any property information packs that you need to complete, doing these early on in the selling process, stops a last minute dash to fill them in when you receive an offer.